Integrity Languages has been a bit quieter than usual, as we celebrated the birth of our fourth child in September. While I send off some important projects, here are a few lessons from my paternity leave.
- You can only truly discover what is in a nappy when you unfasten it; you can only truly know what a project will be like when you do it.
- It is absolutely possible to answer emails while burping a baby but do wear a muslin cloth.
- Learning is always quicker when you are having fun.
- If an “expert” knows the answer to every question, they have never met children under 7.
- Everything is fun to someone. Join them and you will have fun too.
- There is no hobby, no matter how esoteric, that someone cannot make money from using YouTube and a bit of imagination.
- The best days are those when you end up so tired you are asleep by the time your head hits the pillow.
- If you put crazy ideas on twitter, lots of people will actually want them to become reality.
- Trust German podcast co-hosts to be organisational geniuses
- Being a consultant interpreter means you have to be able to act as a consultant interpreters as well as buyers.
If you would like to see one of those lessons turned into a full blog post, drop me a comment.