I am incredibly honoured and privileged to have won three (!) awards at this year’s Proz.com Community Choice Awards.
These annual awards are nominated and voted by members of the ProZ.com community, the world’s largest community for the Translation and Interpreting industries, with over 300,000 members worldwide.
This year, I was amazed to win three awards in the “Interpreting” section. These are:
Best Twitter (for my @integlangsbiz account)
Best Book for: Being a Successful Interpreter: Adding Value and Delivering Excellence (Routledge, 2016)
Best Conference Speaker.
The past twelve months have been momentous for me both as a conference interpreter and as a researcher. Since this time in 2015, in those two areas alone, I have:
- graduated with a PhD in Interpreting from Heriot-Watt University,
- released my very first book on interpreting,
- interpreted for an industrial client who netted a multi-million pound contract,
- interpreted for a live webcast event,
- launched Troublesome Terps with the incomparable Alexander Drechsel and Alexander Gansmeier and now,
- won three ProZ.com Community Choice Awards.
Needless to say, none of this could have happened without the support of clients, friends, family (including our eight month old, newest arrival), supervisors and colleagues. The world of conference interpreting and interpreting in general is an incredibly supportive one and it is my pleasure and honour to be part of it.